With the holiday season fast-approaching, please be aware of the following:
- Large displays of gifts should not be visible through windows or doors.
- Any valuables left in a vehicle, including newly purchased items in shopping bags, should be locked in the trunk or placed out of sight.
- Install alarm systems in homes, activate the alarm, and display the alarm company’s sign in the front yard.
- Personal items such as shoes left on a doorstep can indicate to a burglar if a resident is home.
- Contact the police department to request a close patrol for dates when you are out of town if no one is checking on your home.
The District has contracts with the City of Pearland Police Officers for additional patrol services and one extra patrol shift is provided during the holiday season. Please see the Pearland Police Department website, for City of Pearland crime statistics.